The Department of Intellectual Property of Ilam University of Medical Sciences is one of the subgroups of the health technology incubation center. The Department of Intellectual Property at the Ilam University of Medical Science was established since 2019.
The Department of Intellectual Property works in the field of medical sciences under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Technology of Ilam University of Medical Sciences with the aim of motivating, flourishing, and discovering the faculty members, researchers, and elite students in line with their applications. The office is proud to work through the providing of the following facilities and services for professors and students:
- Peer-review of received declarations as the Inquiry Office of the Intellectual Property by specialized Reviewers with the supervision of the Office and necessary follow-ups.
- Informing " Applicants for Patents" about the required documents, stages and timing of the review process.
- Holding workshops and training courses for faculty members and students to get familiar with the concept of intellectual property and internal and international patents.
- Providing guidelines and consultation to faculty members and students to familiarize and facilitate the patent process in Iran.
- Monitoring the patents of faculty members and students of Ilam University of Medical Sciences to identify the superior inventions with the ability to commercialize them and introduce them to knowledge translation agencies and development center.
- Issuance of scientific endorsements by specialized reviewers of the Intellectual Property Group.
- Organize courses to take part in local festivals of the National Elites Foundation for Inventors.
- Conducting the annual festival of inventors